1000 Oaks Parkway.
Belmont, NC 28012
Employee Type: Full Time
Experience: Five to ten years industry experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Wilbert Plastic Services
1000 Oaks Parkway
Belmont, NC 28012
Manages day-to-day operations of Production Scheduling, Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, and Inventory Control functions consistent with strategic and operations plans and objectives.
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in materials and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for all inventory activities for pre and post production, including maintenance of material inventory levels, quality & inspection and JIT delivery scheduling.
- Responsible to lead the logistics and material team to achieve desired inventory levels and develop and maintain quality and efficiency standards.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of departmental budgets, and then monitor to ensure operations in purchasing are within budget.
- Develop and maintain policies and practices relative to the disposal of surplus materials, ensuring that the processes are adequate and provide the optimum value.
- Supervise all activities related to logistics and materials, maintain inventory. Receive order from customers and issue order to Production.
- Maintain inventory levels by ordering components/materials from suppliers.
- Record incoming shipments and tract inventory.
- Develop process procedures and controls to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Provide inventory measurables including inventory turns, days of inventory, expedited freight and past dues.
- Responsible for both shipping and receiving department. Responsible to ensure that finish products are shipped to dealers throughout the U.S.
- Manage value added projects assigned to shift. Coach, motivate, develop and manage shipping and receiving associates.
- Need high level manager with multiple years of experience in a continuous improvement atmosphere.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations including partnering with clients and internal departments to achieve productivity, pricing, quality and safety goals.
- Analyze data and prioritize work assignments to direct the daily plan of action for the shift or functional areas.
- Manage transportation of inbound materials and outbound finished goods with a focus on expanding company’s capabilities in both areas of responsibility to support continued growth.
- Coordinate inbound freight and outbound transportation of finished goods to maximize efficiency and lower overall cost of doing business.
- Properly staff and manage LTL and truckload inbound freight and staff and manage outbound movement of finish trailers to the dealers and customers. Ensure all carriers are properly bonded and insured.
- Resolve issues dealing with damage claims and missing freight/finish trailers. Negotiate contract for inbound and outbound freight. Manage utility owned trailers used in dedicated freight lanes.
- Maintain proper records to include bill of ladings, invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Maintain a working relationship with carriers and independent operators.
- Evaluate and assess logistics leaders regularly and communicate to them the result
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Five to Ten years industry experience
• Experience in two or more functions within responsibility
• Industry knowledge
• Functional knowledge
• Process and systems management practices
• Inventory/Materials practices and principles
• Business systems software
• Office systems software - word processing, spreadsheet
• Managing internal and external relationships
• Financial analysis and cost management
• Problem analysis/solving